Cover Design : L.J. Anderson / Mayhem Designs
Model: Kamil Nizinski
Release Date: January 16, 2017
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Tanya Rae’s rating: 4.5 of 5 stars
The Rule Maker is a standalone Contemporary Romance that was very entertaining and even though it is a standalone it is part of The Rule Breakers Series and is book 2.
The rules that are in the synopsis are what made me want to read this book. I had to find out what they are about. I will leave the synopsis of the story for you to read and see if you need to find out what they are about as well. The Rule Maker is Zoey and Ryder’s story.
I found myself laughing at some of the scenes throughout this book. Here is a little teaser.
Lainey: What’s up?
Zoey: I have a situation
Lainey:….are you going for the suspense factor, cause it’s working
I took a selfie and hit send.
Lainey: OMG. Are you …uh..stuck in a window?
Lainey: What the hell happened?
Zoey: This resort is alive and is actually trying to kill me. Tell my dad that I love him.
Lainey: Only if I get to keep the couch and your Channel purse you once you pass.
Zoey: You are ruthless. Lainey: I can’t help myself. For real though, do you need me to come get you.
Zoey: No, one of Jason’s guys will be here later today. It’ll be embarrassing AF, but at least it’s not Jason, right.
Lainey: #truth Also, WTF is on your leg dude?
My leg? I spread my two fingers over my screen, enlarging the picture I’d sent Lainey and froze at the sight of my hairy foe on my left calf.
Oh and Jitters scares me to death. That is one mean cat. Lainey swears the cat isn’t mean. But, I will let you decide if you read this book.
I really enjoyed reading The Rule Makers. Anytime a reading a book makes me want to laugh out loud I count it as a very good book.
“I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.” I give The Rule Maker 4.5 Stars. I can’t wait to read more from Jennifer Blackwood.
Amazon ~ http://amzn.to/2ixx4Qn
Barnes & Noble ~ http://bit.ly/2jw6WUv
iBooks ~ http://apple.co/2jK8p92
Kobo ~ http://bit.ly/2iUCsuI
$50 Sephora Gift Card
About the Author
Connect with Jennifer
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJenniferBlackwood
Facebook Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541291366201625/
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8532549.Jennifer_Blackwood?from_search=true
Goodreads Reader Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/186113-jennifer-blackwood-books